County: Lake, IL | Disaster Type: Community Violence | Incident: Highland Park Parade Shooting (07/2022) | Resource Type: Grief Counseling and Mental Health
Lake County, Illinois, Highland Park Parade Shooting – Community Support Group, JCFS Chicago
Offering Services to meet the needs of adults, children, families and the community.
Whether you need someone to talk to, a place to gather in community, or guidance on how to support your children, you are not alone. As we continue to process and begin to grieve the tragic events in Highland Park, JCFS Chicago is offering the following resources and programs for you, your family, friends, neighbors, organizations and anyone looking for support.
JCFS Chicago is partnering with the Bernard Weinger JCC at 300 Revere Drive in Northbrook to offer
Drop in sessions are avasilable for anyone affected by the Highland Park shooting. If you do not have an urgent need and are looking to talk with a mental health professional about your emotional distress, the center is open Monday-Thursday 2-8pm, Friday 2-4pm, and on Sunday starting at 11am.
For up to date information check the JCFS Chicago Facebook page.
Call the JCFS Chicago Warm Line to connect to an emotional support professional between 9am and 5pm Monday through Thursday, 9am-4pm Fridays at 855.275.5237.
Resources for parents, caregivers and community members:
- Information about how to support children through trauma
- Resources for families when talking with kids
- List of Area Trauma Informed Clinicians
- Highland Park Parade Shooting: Community Resources
- Guidance for talking with children after a traumatic event presentation recording
- Evening of support for the Highland Park community session recording